There are a number of scholarships available for eligible students enrolling on the Top Up Master’s. All scholarships take the form of a reduction in fees. Each intake, at least one full scholarship (100% reduction) and one half scholarship (50% reduction) will be awarded. Other scholarships ranging in value from 10% to 25% are available.
The award of scholarships above the minimum level of 10% will be based on assessment of individual applications, taking into account the following criteria:
- Academic excellence
- Sporting excellence
- Community contribution
- Financial need
The Awarding Panel will also take into consideration other special circumstances which may not come into these main categories, but which in their opinion may merit the award of a higher scholarship.
How to Apply for a Scholarship
All students who are accepted on to the Top Up Master’s are eligible to apply for a scholarship. After you start your application for the Top Up Master's, your Admissions Advisor will provide you with a Scholarship Application form.
- The scholarships offered by the Interactive Design Institute (IDI) are for studying Top Up Master’s at IDI only. We do not provide scholarships to enable students to study on other programmes or at other institutions.
- IDI reserves the right to withdraw or amend any scholarship without prior notification.
- Scholarships are offered subject to a minimum cohort of students being enrolled on the programme.
- Scholarships are offered subject to funding and availability.
- In order to continue to receive the scholarship, students must continue to be enrolled on the programme and be registered with the University of Hertfordshire.
- Scholarships are awarded by IDI’s Awarding Panel and their decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the reasons for their decision, and no appeal will be allowed.
- Lobbying of any members of IDI’s Awarding Panel will disqualify applicants from receiving any scholarship.
- Scholarships are awarded for a specific entry point and cannot be deferred.
- All scholarship offers are subject to verification of academic qualifications and personal circumstances as appropriate.
- Acceptance of a scholarship implies consent under the Data Protection Act for IDI to keep in contact with the student and for the scholar’s name to be published in relevant publicity materials.
- All scholarship awards are for the student recipient only. Under no circumstances can scholarship funds be used to support students’ families.
- All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of a reduction of fees for the programme.
- Scholarship recipients must meet the conditions set out in the Terms of Agreement in order to continue to receive the scholarship throughout the duration of the course.
- IDI reserves the right to withdraw, terminate or suspend any scholarship on disciplinary grounds or in case of academic failure. This includes failing to achieve satisfactory academic progress.
- Where needed, scholarship recipients may also be required to assist IDI with its marketing and publicity activities.