Marketing and Social Media Executive
JOB REF: IDI/SM0618
The Interactive Design Institute (IDI) is one of the UK’s leading providers of online higher education courses. As a collaborative partner of the University of Hertfordshire and the University of Aberdeen, IDI has enabled over 800 in 70+ countries worldwide achieve Higher Education qualifications.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active Digital Marketer to join our friendly in-house marketing team. To succeed in this varied and challenging role, you’ll be a team player, have excellent written communication skills, be prepared to think for yourself and make a positive contribution to the company going forward.
Reporting directly to the Head of Student Recruitment and Marketing, you will have overall responsibility for social media campaign management and strategy and your job will involve:
- Social Content Strategy - plan and implement social media campaigns that drive engagement, traffic and enquiries across social media channels
- Content Creation - research and create engaging pieces of content for the use across various channels, this includes contacting our current students to source new student-focused content
- Social Media Content Plan - source engaging content to ensure the newsletters and social media channels are up to date, promoting higher engagement and website traffic
- Social Media Listening - to gain an insight into customer and public brand perception
- Competitor Analysis - develop and maintain awareness of competitors, including their marketing and social media activities
- Lead Generation - create and manage integrated campaigns to generate sales for the sales team including, inbound, email, digital, advertising
- Liaising with external partner organisations to distribute content
- Coordination, promotion and delivery of marketing webinars and eBooks
- Development of brand awareness initiatives - including Degree Show and contributing to Graduation Project
- Evaluating the effectiveness of social strategy and campaigns - test/learn, and research/develop/launch new campaign types with the rest of the marketing team
- Idea Generation - Working with the marketing team to brainstorm strategies across local and international marketing campaigns
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree educated (or equivalent), in a relevant field
- Evidence of excellent communication skills with fluency in spoken and written English
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Awareness of the following social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest.
- Familiarity with Digital and Social Media Marketing KPI’s Desirable Skills
- Previous experience in a social media and/or digital marketing role
- A passion for Digital and Social Media Marketing with knowledge of SEO relevant to social content and blog posts
- Skills in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator or other editing tools
- Experience with affiliate programs and blogger outreach
- WordPress HTML/CSS
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Able to multi task, highly organised and able to prioritise workloads with excellent time management
- High levels of integrity; comfortable giving and receiving direct feedback
- Team player yet self-motivated and able to work under own initiative with the ability to impart knowledge to others Contract Information
Permanent, Full time – 40 hours per week/including paid lunch breaks.
Starting Salary: £17,000- £19,000 dependant on experience
Location: Eskmills, Musselburgh, East Lothian
How to Apply: Send an up to date CV and a covering letter, explaining how you can make a difference to our business and team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also provide evidence of any previous experience in this area.
Student Recruitment Advisor
JOB REF: SRA06/2018
The Interactive Design Institute is one of the UK’s leading providers of online higher education courses and a collaborative partner of the University of Hertfordshire and University of Aberdeen. With enrolled students from over 70 countries worldwide, IDI has achieved outstanding student results and has an enviable track record regarding the high quality of student services.
We undertake extensive online marketing activity which leads to inbound enquiries and applications from all over the world. You’ll be dealing with daily inbound enquiries, following up on leads and providing all necessary support to encourage the enquirer to apply for a course. You will be responsible for the efficient administration of student applications and will provide information and advice to both potential and current applicants about the courses we offer. This demanding, customer focused role will require you to work accurately under pressure and to apply and implement agreed admissions criteria and procedures. Once the applicant has been offered a place you will follow up with payment options and encourage them to pay their fees.
Previous experience of working in a sales environment is preferable, but not necessary - you will be happy working as part of a small team, organising your workload and hitting sales and admissions targets. You will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and should be comfortable talking to customers and selling over the phone. You should also be confident using Microsoft Office and whilst not essential, knowledge of Salesforce is desirable.
Permanent Full Time – 40 hours per week/including paid lunch breaks. Please note occasional weekend working may be required.
Salary: £17- 19k dependent on experience
Location: Musselburgh, East Lothian
How to Apply:
Send an up-to-date CV quoting the above job reference number to email@example.com.
You should also include a covering letter explaining how you can make a difference to our business and team. Please specify if you are interested in part time options.