Student Finance Advisor
The Interactive Design Institute (IDI) is one of the UK’s leading providers of online higher education courses. IDI is a collaborative partner of the University of Hertfordshire and the University of Aberdeen. With students enrolled from over 70 countries worldwide, IDI has achieved outstanding student results and has an enviable track-record of providing a high-quality student experience via our friendly and engaged team.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to join our Finance team as Student Finance Advisor.
*Duties and Responsibilities of the Post
*The overall purpose of the role is to provide administrative support for IDI, in particular the Finance, Sales and Quality teams, and to IDI students, by undertaking the following:
• Managing the receipt, processing and recording of all student fee payments.
• Communicating with students regarding all aspects of their fees.
• Managing student debt.
• Being the first point of contact for partner institution administrators.
• Producing clear and accurate reports as required.
The successful applicant will be expected to make a genuine contribution to the team, so they should be able to manage their time and relationships well.
We would welcome expressions of interest from individuals who can demonstrate energy and commitment along with excellent organisational skills. The post holder will be based at IDI’s offices in Musselburgh and will be line managed by the Director of Finance and Operations.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Accurately receiving and processing student fees.
• Supporting students with regard to all aspects of their fees
• Reviewing requests for reduction / removal of fee obligations, and make recommendations to management team
• Maintaining accurate records.
• Ensuring that all information relating to student fees is accurate and communicated clearly
• Managing the student debt process and contribute to the reduction of student debt as a percentage of overall revenue.
• Contributing to improvements in student progression rates through levels of study.
• Supporting colleagues in other teams
The duties of the post outlined above are not exhaustive, and the post holder will be expected to be co-operative and flexible, undertaking other duties as may from time to time be reasonably expected.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Excellent numerical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Customer care – ability to analyse situations appropriately and sensitively
• High attention to detail and consistent follow-through
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent IT and administration skills
• Flexible attitude to work, including the ability to take up new tasks when required and without supervision
• Competent in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Salary: Salary: £18,000+ per annum depending on experience, plus:
- Flexible working hours
- Positive, values-based work environment
- Career and development opportunities – we are about to embark on an exciting growth phase!
Please send a covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for the post and a copy of your CV to email@example.com